Expert Witness and Lawyer in the Behavioral Sciences
Judges, prosecutors and lawyers know the law. Most are not educated in the behavioral sciences. Most juries are also not experts on psychology and the law. So how will a judge, jury or lawyer know when sham science is being presented by an expert witness as fact in the courtroom? They won't.
A case can hinge on the testimony of the expert witness. Ignorance is not bliss in this situation. A lawyer's lack of a background in psychology can significantly affect the chances of winning results for his or her client.
When you cannot afford to lose, this is one lawyer-psychologist you want on your side.
Call 734-545-2919 or e-mail the firm.
Attorney Demosthenes Lorandos is a Ph.D-level psychologist and an experienced trial lawyer who is nationally recognized for his legal scholarship on cross examining expert witnesses and how to weed junk science out of the courtroom.
Responsive in Rapidly Emerging Situations
His law firm is based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and Washington, D.C., and he assists clients, both lawyers and non-lawyers, in legal matters in which the behavioral sciences and the law blend. Dr. Lorandos can respond immediately to rapidly emerging situations, and has been known to fly across country in a consultative role to fellow lawyers, when time is of the essence and specialized knowledge that he carries is essential.
"Dr. Lorandos is like a junkyard dog with a Ph.D. He will tear the other side's witness apart."—Retired Judge and Texas trial lawyer
Dr. Lorandos is versatile, intelligent, and able to jump right into a situation without disrupting the forward momentum. His work for lawyers and non-lawyer clients covers a wide range:
- Cross examining so-called expert witnesses
- Serving as expert witness in matters related to psychology, parental alienation, false allegations and state of mind issues and the law
- Consulting on effective cross examination of expert witnesses
- Providing case assessments
- Having authored the two-volume set on Cross Examining Experts in the Behavioral Sciences
He is a trial lawyer who has brought hundreds of cases to jury trial, in areas that include:
- Parental alienation actions, custody disputes and other family law matters
- Sexual abuse cases, child-kidnapping cases and other criminal charges
- Criminal defense cases where the defendant was falsely accused
- Cases involving complex civil litigation and commercial litigation
Expert Witness Affects Outcomes — Call Today
Call 734-545-2919 or e-mail the firm to schedule your consultation with attorney Demosthenes Lorandos today. We return all phone calls promptly.
- Dr. Lorandos in an Expert Witness demonstration on "Suggestibility" from NBC tv
- Dr. Lorandos explains the Expert Witness demonstration on "Suggestibility"